Monday, June 14, 2010

Pawn Stars: Mini Machine

This morning I decided that I wanted to find something vintage in every state that we visit, for my shelves in the sewing room. Now I have one for Nevada that starts the trip off perfectly.

We took a trip to the Gold and Silver Pawn Shop from the show “Pawn Stars,” right off the 15 north of the strip. When we walked in the door they announced that we had four minutes to shop, as they were going to start filming. It is fairly small and was swarming with people. What you don’t see on TV is a large section with show themed merchandise at the back of the store. They had shot glasses, t-shirts, magnets, trucker hats and even a bobble head of “Old Man.” I went for the Chum Lee signed magnet. On the way out I spotted this super cute child's Gateway Sewing Machine made by the Gateway Engineering Company in Chicago, Illinois. Our four minutes was up, but as the store cleared out a friendly employee got it for to us. I asked and he came down in price about 20% right off the bat, which was great. While I was paying, the camera crew came out from the back and people got in their places. We saw “Big Hoss” and Rick. Victoria swears she heard someone say “Old Man,” but as she has never seen the show, we are not sure if he was there. I really like the show, so it was fun to check out the shop.
The toy sewing machine is at the bottom of this case. 

Side note: If they are filming that day, people have to stand in line outside until they are done. After we made our purchases and walked out of the shop, the line was already around the corner. 

Gold and Silver Pawn Shop (AKA Pawn Stars)
713 Las Vegas Blvd
Las Vegas, NV


3 comments:

Sew Jealous said...

Did you try to pawn a snack sleeve? I think they would have paid at least $10.00, Chum Lee would have made a great deal.

myrna said...

Looks like fun
Mom

Julia said...

Ha ha! Pawn a SnackSleeve! That didn't even occur to us.

Post a Comment