Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Taos Pueblo

About a mile north of Taos is the historic Taos Pueblo, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. For a $10 fee per person and $6 per camera you can tour the grounds. Victoria opted out saying she had fair skin and lack of sunscreen and quickly found a nice shade spot under a tree. With tripod in hand, I headed into the Pueblo. After about 30 seconds, I felt silly carrying a tripod, especially since I don’t really know how to work my new camera. Back to the car with the tripod and what do I see? Victoria flanked by two Pueblo men. Apparently, they were waiting for the bus under the same shade tree. They gave her a brief history of their tribe, offered a good deal on a handmade pipe (filled with something, he promised) and an invitation to go into town with them. Meanwhile, back in the pueblo, I tried my hand at photography. Check some photos out in my Flickr album. After a few laughs and a brief bout of sunstroke we were back on the road.

0 comments:

Post a Comment